Monday, May 23, 2011

Celebrity Homes Monday--Whoopi Goldberg

$3.9 Million Loft in SoHo

The listing says there are 2 bedrooms and 2.5 baths, with 3,600 square feet. The loft space seems to reflect its owner, and there are no signs that a decorator had much to do with it. To me, anyway, it “looks like Whoopi.”

whoopi-goldbergs-loft-1



whoopi-goldbergs-loft-2

A few things about the loft that puzzle me:
 the different types of hardwood flooring in each section of the loft;
and the odd placement of the washer and dryer behind the bar.

whoopi-goldbergs-loft-3

I’m also wondering why the vacuum cleaner wasn’t put away before the photos were taken.

whoopi-goldbergs-loft-4

whoopi-goldbergs-loft-6


whoopi-goldbergs-loft-51


It looks like she’s an art lover and collector. I’d love to get a close look at each piece.
 I also like the large, mahogany-framed windows. The whole space looks light and bright.

What do you think?


picsviahookedonhouses


1 comment:

  1. What an eclectic place. Not sure if I love it, like it, or hate it. I do love the exposed brick in the not-master-bedroom. And, how amazing to have a designated laundry room in NEW York! Could be amazing with some paint I think. Whoopi sure likes white furniture.

    ReplyDelete